Red Wine Gin Sour
Ingredients: (makes 1 cocktail, but easily scales up)
- 1.5 fluid ounces London dry gin
- 0.75 fluid ounce St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- 0.75 fluid ounce simple syrup (from recipe above)
- 0.75 fluid ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large egg white
- 0.75 fluid ounce Italian red wine
Combine the gin, elderflower liqueur, simple syrup, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and egg white in a metal cocktail shaker. Shake with the metal coil from a Hawthorne strainer for 15 to 20 seconds.
Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously for another 15 to 20 seconds. Strain into an empty shaker with no ice and shake vigorously for 15 to 20 seconds more.
Transfer the mixture to a tall glass with ice, and finish the drink off by pouring red wine over the back of a bar spoon over the center of the glass. Given its weight, the wine will automatically sink below the foam to create that ombre layered effect. Serve immediately.
On a Friday, a cocktail sounds like a good call. Perhaps I’ll give this one a try.
Source: hummingbird high